Friday, September 13, 2013

Underwater Photography

Today I had Shane Gross of www.grossphotographic.com come in to talk to my Visual Art 10 students. I dove with Shane last Christmas in the Bahamas and was excited to have him present to my classes. He has a great presentation that was tailored for my art students. He speaks of the underlying principles of his passion, of photography and of the preservation of our oceans. There were hints of biology and technology and amazing stories of sharks that captivated students. Originally from Regina, Shane now calls Harbour Island, Bahamas his home where he works as a dive instructor and part owner of Valentine's Dive Center. I'm going to try to arrange a Skype session with him for my students when he's back down at the dive center. Thanks Shane for a great talk. Hope to see you again under the great blue waves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment